Elementary School Substitute
Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School is seeking talented educators to serve as classroom substitutes for grades k-5. Substitute employees fill in for permanent school employees when they are absent to provide continuity in curriculum and school services. Successful candidate must share OSACPS’s mission and EL Education philosophy, which will provide k-5 students with rigorous, real-world learning experiences in a supportive and nurturing school community, helping all students to become reflective inquisitors, articulate communicators, critical thinkers, and skilled problem solvers. Successful candidates should have a collaborative spirit of “we are crew, not passengers.”
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities/skills:
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher/associate teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher’s routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with children in developmentally appropriate and kind ways
- Perform all other duties as directed by school administration
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, lunch area, and any area considered school grounds.
- Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and learning disabilities.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
- Records attendance in accordance with school procedures; ensuring students are always attended to and not left without supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Must hold an associate’s degree (or higher)
- Knowledge of the subject(s) or age group being taught and the principles and methodologies of effective teaching.
- Experience using Microsoft and Google Applications
Applicants should apply to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org