Elementary Teachers (Grades k-4)
Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School is seeking talented educators to serve as general education for grades k-4. Successful candidates possess experience working in diverse schools with English Language Learners and students with disabilities, classroom management expertise, and a passion for pioneering collaborative curriculum development set at a living history museum. See below for more details.
Elementary Teacher Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Early Childhood (k-2)/Elementary Certification (1-6) or must pass subject matter MTEL (Early Childhood k-2: Early Childhood + Foundations of Reading, Elementary 1-3: General Curriculum, math subtest, and Foundations of Reading)
- Must share OSACPS’s mission and EL Education philosophy, which will provide k-8 students with rigorous, real-world learning experiences in a supportive and nurturing school community, helping all students to become reflective inquisitors, articulate communicators, critical thinkers, and skilled problem solvers.
- Ability to collaborate with EL school designer, school leaders, and colleagues to build curriculum and plan Learning Expeditions
- Successful experience implementing school-wide procedures and processes to maintain a school culture of high academic achievement and behavioral expectations
- Collaborative spirit of “we are crew, not passengers”
- Running a daily Morning Meeting that fosters the culture of our school and character education
- Preparing students for Student-Led Conference through the creation of Portfolios
- Attend and help facilitate Student-Led Conferences (~2-3 per year)
- School hours for teachers are 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Attend Professional Development in August 2018 (and in subsequent years, annual August PD, number of days TBD)
- Attend evening events including Admissions Events (~2-3 per year), Celebrations of Learning (~1 per year), Home Visits (for new students in August), and Graduations
- Follow the school’s faculty handbook related to school rules, policies, and procedures
- Fulfill duty responsibilities which may entail arrival/dismissal or lunch/recess duty
- Attend weekly Professional Development
- Attend June curriculum planning
- Participate and contribute at IEP/504 meetings
- Take part in Student Support Team (SST) for students who do not have an existing IEP but who may demonstrate potential support needs
- Participation in Common Planning Time and Data Meetings with colleagues and administrative team
- Prospect of attending EL Education Professional Development (including conferences, institutes, regional professional development offerings, and site-seminars)
- Join Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) to make curriculum and data-based decisions for the school
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Our Commonwealth Charter School Final Application is available on the DESE’s website.
To apply for this position, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Answer the following questions in 1 paragraph each:
- Why are you interested in teaching? More specifically, why are you interested in teaching at a charter school set at a living history museum?
- Describe how you envision using EL Education Core practices in your work at OSACPS.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 3 references with contact information