Full-Time Behavior Intervention Specialists
Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School is dedicated to building a diverse workforce committed to providing a supportive and nurturing school community helping all students to succeed in becoming reflective inquisitors, articulate communicators, critical thinkers, and skilled problem solvers. Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School, an EL Education school working in partnership with Old Sturbridge Village, is looking for staff who will help to foster a learning environment that represents all aspects of the diversity spectrum. Staff members will be supporting four distinguished key elements: a commitment to the community, a commitment to quality work, a commitment to real-world applications and a commitment to imagination, exploration, and immersion.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly qualified Behavior Intervention Specialist with knowledge and skills necessary to assist students with behavioral challenges through the application of positive behavior supports.
- Restraint Trained, Applied Non-Violence preferred
- The Behavior Specialist helps coordinate Functional Assessments of Behavior and Behavior Intervention Plan that address students’ behaviors and provide a means to help the student become more academically successful.
- The Behavior Intervention Specialist also supports classroom and school-wide behavior management strategies.
- Collaborate with team supporting student’s learning needs.
- Effectively support student acquisition of core curriculum and content standards.
- Use ongoing assessments to maintain a record of student progress.
- Participate in collaborative meetings to plan and implement behavior instruction that is explicit, intensive, modeled and practiced helping students reach their full potential.
- Ensure safety of students and staff members through close monitoring of student behavior.
- Maintain a collaborative spirit of “we are crew, not passengers.”
- To apply for this position, email the following to email@example.com.
- Answer the following questions in 1 paragraph each:
- Why are you interested in teaching? More specifically, why are you interested in teaching in the opening year of a charter school set at a living history museum?
- Describe how you envision using EL Education Core practices in your work at OSACPS.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 3 references with contact information