Full Time Occupational Therapist
Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School is dedicated to building a diverse workforce committed to providing a supportive and nurturing school community helping all students to succeed in becoming reflective inquisitors, articulate communicators, critical thinkers, and skilled problem solvers. Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School, an EL Education school working in partnership with Old Sturbridge Village, is looking for staff who will help to foster a learning environment that represents all aspects of the diversity spectrum. Staff members will be supporting four distinguished key elements: a commitment to the community, a commitment to quality work, a commitment to real-world applications and a commitment to imagination, exploration, and immersion.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Collaborate with staff and parents during Team meetings to determine educational needs of students in regard to Occupational Therapy needs.
- Support teachers and staff with self-regulation needs of students.
- Implement current IEPs for students identified as requiring Occupational Therapy services to support their learning needs.
- Conduct service delivery, progress reports and goal writing.
- Assess, formally and informally, individual students and determine needed supports and strategies.
- Flexibility with supporting student needs both in and out of the classroom.
- Collaborate or lead primary physical education classes and/or adapt physical education activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain a collaborative spirit of “we are crew, not passengers.”
To apply for this position, email the following to email@example.com.
- Answer the following questions in 1 paragraph each:
- Why are you interested in teaching? More specifically, why are you interested in teaching in the opening year of a charter school set at a living history museum?
- Describe how you envision using EL Education Core practices in your work at OSACPS.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 3 references with contact information