Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School is seeking educators to serve as classroom substitutes for grades k-3. Substitute employees fill in for Associate Teachers/Paraprofessionals in the classrooms when they are absent to provide continuity in curriculum and school services. Successful candidate must share OSACPS’s mission and EL Education philosophy, which will provide k-3 students with rigorous, real world learning experiences in a supportive and nurturing school community, helping all students to become reflective inquisitors, articulate communicators, critical thinkers, and skilled problem solvers. Successful candidates should have a collaborative spirit of “we are crew, not passengers.”
**This position is Wednesday - Friday, 8:00 - 3:30 for the remainder of the school year.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher/associate teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with children in developmentally appropriate and kind ways
- Perform all other duties as directed by school administration
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, lunch area, and any area considered school grounds.
- Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and learning disabilities.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
- Records attendance in accordance with school procedures; ensuring students are always attended to and not left without supervision.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must hold an associate’s degree (or higher)
- Knowledge of the subject(s) or age group being taught and the principles and methodologies of effective teaching.
- Experience using Microsoft and Google Applications
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.