School Custodian – Part-Time Mornings (1st shift)
Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School is seeking a Custodian to work in an innovative school serving grades k-5. The successful candidate will possess experience working in a school setting. Candidate must share OSACPS’s mission. The Custodian will be responsible for the overall cleanliness, sanitation, safety and maintenance of the Old Sturbridge Academy facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Daily cleaning of breakfast/lunch area, vacuuming, disinfecting, restocking of bathrooms, offices, classrooms.
- Special projects as assigned, but not limited to washing walls and glass, painting, cleaning of carpets, outside trash, sweeping of walks, snow removal, pressure washing, and minor repairs.
- Knowledge of the use of tools, techniques, equipment, and procedures required in the cleaning of buildings and light repair and maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Setup of classrooms or moving classrooms around, as needed.
- Receiving and offloading of equipment and supplies, as needed.
- Flexibility to cover additional shifts as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge and ability to properly use chemicals, general equipment, and tools of the custodial trade, maintenance, snow removal, sanding, and landscaping.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Availability to work nights, early mornings, and/or weekends as needed.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds while performing duties, as required. Position will require employee to stand for long periods of time.
Must be able to work Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Summer hours may differ.
Applicants should apply to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org